Thursday, September 17, 2009

the.republic.of.rytersville.vs.russia

It turns out that I’ve been hoodwinked by Kojo Russia. I never thought it could happen, that me, Obaa Yaa like myself could and would ever be taken in the the seeming innocence of a basket weaver, the one called Kojo Russia. After all my degrees of knowledge and PhD'd experience in life, how is that possible?!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, members of the jury, I present to the court exhibit A. displayed as a picture below.

[caption id="attachment_12" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="This is a frontal view of the ¢12 (twelve cedi) paper bin"]This is a frontal view of the ¢12 (twelve cedi) paper bin[/caption]





This ladies and gentlemen is what the defendant here Kojo Russia, sold to me for a ridiculous amount of money.



Member of the jury, if I may, allow me to draw your attention to the figure you see behind the basket of the picture below. You will notice the defendant Kojo Russia shying away from the lenses of my 3.2 mega pixel camera; obviously ashamed of the act he has just committed.

[caption id="attachment_13" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="Waste paper bin on left and the defendant, Kojo Russia"]Waste paper bin on left and the defendant, Kojo Russia[/caption]



On that fateful day, your honour, as I set out to collect the basket which I had pre-ordered from the factory, I was called into an urgent meeting at my office. I therefore asked that our office messenger ride his bicycle and go and collect this specimen you see before you today. Upon my return, I noticed two different items; 1) the cheap basket you see pictured above and 2) a heart shaped basket which I gave to my sister (not pictured above).

This was not what I had ordered for! So immediately after my meeting, I called his tiGO number and enquired of him why this was the case? He replied with an "Ooooh!!! i.e. he'd forgotten.

You honour, despite my fatigue, I drove to his factory and placed the basket in his hand and requested that he re-do it to my specification. He obliged and asked me to pick it up the next day.



That your honour, brings me to Exhibit B, pictured below.

[caption id="attachment_14" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="The bigger, stronger, better looking, less expensive waste paper bin"]The bigger, stronger, better looking, less expensive waste paper bin[/caption]



While heading for home, I happened to pass by another basket weaving center. There, I chanced upon this fine specimen you see above. I parked my car on the shoulder of the road and a gentleman came to my aid, by name Aban (pronounced “ah-bine”). I motioned to the waste paper bin standing by the side of the road and he told me that it was only ¢5 (five cedis). Ladies and gentlemen, at that very moment, my jaw dropped in shock. First of all, it was bigger, stronger and better looking than what K. Russia had promised and second, it was cheaper!!! Immediately, I wanted to buy it. But he told me that that too was an order, but if I wanted one, he could finish one for me within a day! Obviously faster delivery than Mr. Russia had promised me. This is what you see below here nesting below on my bed.




[caption id="attachment_21" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="my cherished and much cheaper waste bin"]my cherished and much cheaper waste bin[/caption]



Evidently Kojo Russia had managed to pull the wool right over my bespectacled eyes!!!

This, my jury is where you ooos and aaah, shake your heads in disbelief and give each other knowing looks.

Ladies and gentlemen, members of the jury, your honour, I rest my case.

Defense attorney, your witness.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahah it was worth the wait.
    1. Obaa Yaa paaaa u duped like that. I shock
    2. When u said he was called K. Russia I knew we were in trouble
    3. Now i can also buy some of the better cheaper one, I dont have to wait for xmas bonus

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo
    aaaaaaaahhh

    Ah-bine to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete